Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Coffee shop

 
It was raining heavily, and with every passing moment it was becoming difficult to drive as the heavy rainfall was hindering the visibility . It was just another day of August and I was getting late still everything on the way seemed to stop me. The roads were congested due to unruly traffic, some of the vehicles broke down due to too much of water logging . After a fight with time I reached the parking lot and parked my car,  collected  the parking ticket, I rushed towards the elevator . Bit of fast frisking and formalities , i was in Metro. Though I got a place to sit but my excitement wudnt let me . Stations passed by and  people got down but my destination never seemed to arrive. I was counting on every minute. At last I was there. I got down and walked towards the Coffee shop.
 Though the cafeteria was packed with people of all ages and group, I could still not stop myself and took notice of the empty chair and table at the corner , the place belongs to U to an extent that even in ur absence it gives me jitters. I went and sat at my place...my corner . It took few minutes to get back my composure..and while I waited  for you I thought to order for  some coffee for myself, looked around to see if someone was free to get me my coffee ..to keep me busy unless u arrived..
This is my favourite joint to hang out...it is located in the centre of the one of the smallest yet happening  market of Delhi. The market has great many Book shops, Bars and Pubs, famous Restaurants some Top brands in Eyewear and Apparels.. It's hub for Few studios of Top fashion designers .
This coffee shop ..is  a double story building, with  a clear view of the road surrounded by  huge glasses and the interiors are decorated with large oak wood tables and chairs all around. Very well polished in the English style, with jst the little light and beautiful plants placed all over the place. The music is  very soothing in the background and as always it played all my fav..numbers..from Enrique to U2. All goes so well with the place, but today something abt the place made it more special than other days and I know that was the very reason of my excitement. The place smelled of almost all the aromas of coffee, not only the heady smell of it made my visits frequent , but it was You..i  knew why i associated myself so much to the place...i could feel a distintive kind of peace . The place had a soul of its own and with the  promising presence of yours , my world looked beautiful. Seeing people move around laughing and couples cosying up, Oldies eating out every detail from the daily newspaper, Youngsters making notes . The hush- hush of the place  with so much going around all the time, full of people who had so much to talk about. it still had a soothing feel to it. There were few shelves full of all kinds of books...books i had gone through for n number of times. The place had gone under some  changes in past , but  jst the minimalistic and compulsory ones. 
While waiting for my order, i thought of times when i came here with you in the past to catch some good time and have warm moments . Why it has to be so different with you. We would endlessly talk about the whole world even if we didnt knew an inch about it. We would discuss clothes, fashion, movies, dates, politics, marriage, divorce..and what not. Your company is all I looked forward to in this mundane world..and it always lights up everything around.  I see the  waiter rushing towards me with the tray in his hand...i knew my coffee and cookies are there. I am sure they will help me to relax a bit . While I just wanted to have a sip from my coffee with my thoughts of you , I saw you walking across the road ..excitement  started to built up once again., I cudnt help myself from smiling as my  long wait was going to end in a matter of few moments ..

No comments: