Monday 15 June 2015

At least 100 times


I Recently read The Pilgrimage, Paulo Coelho's first major novel. M sure He needs no introduction since He is the inspiration behind the beautiful lives of readers like me. I started reading him during the year 2006 with The Alchemist, his book on how to find your heart's desire. M blessed to have that kind of time and mind set to read such, life changing books..or manuals :-)                                           

   It took four months to complete The Pilgrimage...that's  the longest time I have ever invested in a book. But the book is such that it did need that much of time , and I patiently read each page ,and tried to perform the exercises and felt something transforming within...Book has most incredible moments that will make u more aware of things we fail to acknowledge. It has made me bit more watchful, and open to the silent messages that universe wants us to know and change us accordingly. I hope m not sounding weird but at the same time even if I do, I really don't care .

All must read this book but for the few who think won't b able to go through the whole Book,m sharing really nice paragraphs from the chapter Personal Vices, as for self help. Hoping to share the bit I read with the world I think needs help just like me..read carefully..

"We are going to say a prayer concerning the only thing that can defeat you as a pilgrim after u find ur sword( result of ur quest) : ur personal vices. No matter how much u learn from ur master about how to handle the sword, one of ur hands will always b ur potential enemy. Let us pray that if u are successful in finding ur sword, you will always wield it with hand that does not bring scandal down upon u". 

🙏 Pity us O Lord fr we r the pilgrims on the road, and our being here may b a vice. In ur infinite pity, help us never to turn our knowledge against ourselves. Have Pity ,Lord,on We who seek out and dare to take up the sword(result of our quest) that u hv promised, and who r a saintly and sinful lot scattered throughout the world. Because we don't recognise even ourselves,and often think that we are dressed, but we r nude; we believe that we have committed a crime, when in reality we have saved someone's life. And don't forget that whatever we do with the hand of an Angel and the hand of a Devil, are both the same hand. We will always be in need of thy Law that says,' When I sent u without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, you lacked nothing." 

Thy Law That Says🙏
"But the very hairs of your head are numbered .
Be Ye therefore as wise as a serpent and as harmless as the doves.
He who heeds my words I will liken to a wise man who built his house on rock.
For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known.
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
Except that one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.
Whoever drinks the water that I shall give him will never thirst.
Whoever does  not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.
Let he who has no sword sell his garment and buy one"

👉I have read many a times Bhagavad Gita..(The Bhagavad Gita, referred to as simply the Gita, is a 700-verse Hindu scripture in Sanskrit that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata) and I find lot of similarities in Thy laws says, as it's exactly what Krishna's ( The great exponent ,Krishna is one of the most powerful incarnations of the Godhead of the Hindu Trinity of deities)
preachings are about. 

I have made a small effort to use this post as a handy manual as to continuously remind us about the Supreme Presence who governs all our actions.




Krishna says in Gita:

"I am the conscience in the heart of all creatures
I am their beginning, their being, their end
I am the mind of the senses,
I am the radiant sun among lights
I am the song in sacred lore,
I am the king of deities
I am the priest of great seers…"

नमस्ते 

No comments: