Thursday 7 May 2020

PEPSI



She was the last of the lot to survive. She was the resilient spirit and held a special place in the corner of my heart. A puppy with such drive to survive through all the odds when all her siblings one by one were consumed by death but she kept hanging on. And i was so proud of her always.
May started, and suddenly something started feeling not very okay with Pepsi..i cud see swelling near her eyes and around mouth..i was concerned but she had her meals with same excitement so i felt convinced that she is fine though not her daily self. Only yesterday i realised the severity of her condition when she denied to touch her food. I knew dogs  do that only when not well. Whenever the meal was served she would eat like a robot and empty her dish within seconds and would rush to her mother's bowl to share hers. I loved her energy..She was an active puppy and few months old. During evening walks she would tuck on my salwars or shoes and  display fondness for me..m sure she loved me as much as i loved her.
Guard at the security gate mentioned that she didnt finish her dinner yesterday and now the morning meal was left  untouched too..
We got in touch with the vet and fixed an earliest appointment as i was feeling something was very wrong with her..she was going unconscious with every passing hour. Doctor was  not sure of what has happened to her as he said we are never sure what may go wrong with stray dogs.
Tough he started immediate medication but did mention its 50-50 chance. For me it was quite a hopeful sentence.
Got her home as we were supposed to take her again in the evening to review . She  was on IVF and was given two injections to fight any kind of infection if that may be the case and a shot of painkiller as she was moaning with pain due to some discomfort. We left the vet to come back in evening with her.
Getting her home, making her comfortable i was becoming hopeful. I knew Pepsi wud survive all odds as she is a fighter from day one. I kept checking on her and found her relaxed, peaceful and stable breathe. With each passing hour my confidence in her survival was building up.
I was waiting for evening with hope and so went again to check her  condition.
My heart skipped many beats when i didnt find her breathe. She wasnt breathing anymore. Few drops of blood ,stiff body, no breath, no movement...Pepsi left ....
Her resilient spirit left the world with so much love stored in my heart...tears in my eyes..m sure she is with God when m writing this piece to release my pain..
Dear God,pls keep her soul safe ....

Love you Pepsi...will miss u ❤️
today is 6th may ...and though i dont have u in my arms ,,u will from now on stay in my heart..!


5 comments:

Sheetal said...

I understand your love and emotions for ur beloved Pepsi......bt believe me
She is in a better world now away from all the pains.....RIP Pepsi

Anupama said...

Thanks dear🤗❤️

simplicity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priya said...

Wishing you comfort and peace during this time.The heart remembers most it has loved and cared,her memories will comfort you,it is hard to say goodbye to the most loved companion.

Anupama said...

Thanks dear for ur kind feelings🌺❤️